Thursday, April 27, 2006

for Betty


for Betty, originally uploaded by sapphire252.

My best friend Betty is going through cancer treatment right now, and as a tribute to her, my whole family gave up their locks for a cancer fundraiser. The fellows shaved their heads, and my daughter and I donated 3 inches of hair to be made into wigs for cancer patients.

It was a great thing to do, especially when we want to help Betty, who we love so much.

Please go to the link below, if you want to help in the fight against Cancer.


2 comments:

melissa said...

That is a sweet thing to do. I've never been able to let my hair get long enough to cut.

Pam Aries said...

Morning Nickie! This is WONDERFUL! I don't know if you remember , but one of my longtime friends passed away in Feb from an 18 week bout with brain cancer. I truly know how you are deeling right now! Email me anytime! Bless you!!! Pam ARIES ..(Violette's site)