Sunday, April 06, 2008

Fairy in a Jar


Fairy in a Jar, originally uploaded by sapphire252.

A fairy in a jar. So much fun! I made her wings out of transparency film. I had been meaning to do one of these ever since I had seen them on the web. At the last Pointy Hat Art Posse meeting, lovely Miss Galm brought her fairy in a jar, and I realized that the time had come for me to do this project!

And by the way, this fairy bears a startling resemblance to a young Miss Arla Mortimer, my beautiful grandmother, who passed away in 1995.

5 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Your fairly in a jar is lovely!

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!! I also really like your crackled egg!!!

Gina said...

This is so cute! I love the charm too.
By the way, I tagged you on my blog, sorry! Had to do it :)

Eastjewels said...

Nicolette...you have inspired me...I bought 3 jars at the Thrift store last week and got them cleaned up to make a Fairy in a jar. Yours is absolutely beautifu and I love the you used a pic of your grandmother...
Linda (Okla)

Shannon said...

Well done! Very pretty. I made one myself too actually, make sure you either use netting on top or punch air holes so that she can breath. Very cute nice job!
Octavia